Happy Friday Everyone! You've worked hard all week, and now it's time to have fun! Getting out and enjoying the beautiful Bay Area, as well as enjoying the company of friends old and new, is great for your mental health. So check out some of our favorite events from around the Bay that you can attend this weekend!
Click on any of the event titles for a link to the event.
Friday, July 16th
Milk Bar, San Francisco
8 PM, Ages: 21+
The Bay Area's #1 story telling show is "I Got a Story to Tell". The show consists of the best story tellers and comedians around the country getting together for a night of telling tales. Every week, new story tellers will get a different theme. From "one time in middle school" to "the craziest night of my life", our story tellers will give you a wild tales you can't help to love. Hosted by Bay Area favorite, Connor Marshall(sketch fest, Channel101), this show is the most fun story telling event that one can find in the bay.
Ferry Building, San Francisco
3 PM, All Ages
Join us for weekly live music from 3:00 - 6:00 PM on the Ferry Building's Back Plaza featuring Bay Area bands and DJs all summer long! Grab your favorite Ferry Building refreshments and enjoy our outdoor dining area with picture perfect bay views.
July 9th - Lo Cura
July 16th - Bay Area Jazz Mobile's BAJM Quartet featuring Omar Aran
July 23rd - BFF.fm DJ Nino Msk
July 30th - Mariachi Estellar
Saturday, July 17th
Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco
1 PM, All Ages
Yerba Buena Gardens Festival announces a special 2021 summer season that will kickoff on Saturday, June 26 at 1pm with a free concert from Bobi Céspedes, the Bay Area's matriarch of Cuban Music. In 2020, the Festival was poised to celebrate its 20th Anniversary and, now, in 2021, the organization can properly acknowledge this landmark year by honoring the Festival's historical legacy and cultural impact in the Bay Area and beyond.
All events are free.
For over two decades, the Yerba Buena Gardens Festival has presented free outdoor music, theater, circus, dance, poetry, and children's programs with artists from the Bay Area and around the world. Yerba Buena Gardens is located between Mission Street and Howard Street and Third and Fourth Streets in downtown San Francisco. For more information, visit https://ybgfestival.org/ .
"I could not be more thrilled to announce this special Festival season of free performances and concerts this summer," says Festival Executive/Artistic Director Linda Lucero. "On behalf of the Festival staff and board, I am so excited to welcome everyone back to the beautiful Gardens to experience our region's rich cultural diversity and the immense fortitude of our local artists and performers. After a long period of isolation for many of us, Yerba Buena Gardens Festival remains a space for art and joy, welcoming people from all walks of life. There's nothing that gladdens the heart and spirit more than celebrating the performing arts together under open skies."
Additional events for September and October will be announced.
Cowell Theater, San Francisco
8:30 AM, All Ages
We cordially invite you to join When The Music Stops as we present our 2nd Annual Summit at the historic Cowell Theater at Fort Mason. This will be a full day of world-class speakers, discussions, panels, thought leaders, community pillars, and exclusive musical performances. All coming together to celebrate music, community and have the much needed conversations on the state of mental health and suicide prevention.
Important topics of discussion will include:
- Healing through music
- How culture affects mental health in communities of color
- The impact of social media on our mental health
- Suicide prevention
- Wellness and the music industry
- Rebuilding connection and communities post-pandemic
- Nightlife and the struggle of balance
*100% of profits after expenses are going to suicide prevention and mental health awareness.
**20% of our summit tickets will be given away to the community that may not have the resources or means to purchase a ticket.
Check In/Registration: 8:15am - 8:45am (sharp)
Doors/Curfew: 9am - 5:00pm
LIVE Keynote by Jamie Tworkowski, founder of To Write Love on Her Arms
Summit Hosted by Joshua Donaldson, founder of When The Music Stops
Butterscotch, Dj Spair, Dj Qbert, Jamie DeWolf, Jane The Message, Nina Grae
* Angie Vee, Los Angeles Dj (The Queen of The Twitch Stream)
* Anthony Presents, Bay Area
* Aubrey Wright, Los Angeles Tour Manager (Justin Bieber, Martin Garrix, Kanye West)
* Ben Baller, Los Angeles Celebrity Jeweler (1.5M IG Followers, Top rated global podcast)
* Butterscotch, Brooklyn, NY Singer, Beatboxer, Songwriter (2019 TED Talk Performer)
* CAPTN20, Detroit Dj/Producer/Entrepreneur
* Dj D Sharp, Bay Area Golden State Warriors Dj
* Dj Q-Bert, San Francisco Turntablist/Dj/Composer
* Dj Romeo, Bay Area & Las Vegas
* Dj Spair, Bay Area & Las Vegas Turntablist/Dj/Producer
* Dj Umami, Bay Area & Austin
* Dr. Stephanie Wong, San Francisco
* Jamie DeWolf, Oakland Poet/Film Director/Writer/Performer/Circus Ringmaster
* Jane The Message, Bay Area Rapper/Artist/Singer
* Jeremiah 'Ice' Younossi, NYC & Boston - Violator (former agent for 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliot, and Mobb Deep)
* Marcella 'Ms. Lago' Araica, Miami Record Engineer/Songwriter (Missy Elliott, Brittney Spears, Diddy, Keri Hilson, Nelly Furtado, Madonna)
* Nikki Blades, Bay Area Morning Radio Host 99.7NOW/Podcast Host No Chaser
* Nina Grae, Los Angeles Singer/Songwriter/Creative Coach
* * Rob Jackson, Oakland Executive Director/Founder (Beats Rhymes and Life)
Rob Knox, Los Angeles Record Producer/Songwriter (Justin Timberlake, T.I., Rihanna, Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, Meek Mill)
* Robin 'Bee' Herman, San Francisco Strong Female Entrepreneur/Founder The Selfie Market
* Theo Ellington, San Francisco Director, Homeless Initiatives & Community Development
Sunday, July 18th
Stern Grove, San Francisco
2 PM, All Ages
At 2pm exactly 12 days prior to each event, an online portal will be opened through https://www.sterngrove.org to offer free passes on a first-come, first-served basis.
Full lineup for Stern Grove 2021!
June 20: Ledisi, The Seshen, La Doña, LadyRyan
June 27: Perfume Genius, Madame Gandhi, Honey Mahogany, LadyRyan
July 4: San Francisco Symphony
July 11: Thievery Corporation, Dessa, DJ Shortkut
July 18: St. Paul & The Broken Bones, The Dip, DJ Omar
July 25: X, The Avengers, DJ Omar
August 1: Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
August 8: Thundercat, Cassowary, DJ Shortkut
August 15: Fitz & The Tantrums, Devon Gilfillian, DJ Omar
August 29: The Big Picnic featuring Tower of Power, Too $hort, DJ Shortkut
* Advance Reservations Required for All Concerts
* General Admission reservations can be made for up to 4 people per reservation
* Senior benches can be reserved for up to 2 people per reservation
* ADA seating can be reserved for up to 2 people per reservation
* All members of your group must be present to enter
* Reservation holder must present a current photo ID to enter
* California residents only, unless you are a fully vaccinated visitor
* Eating/Drinking is allowed without a mask
* Mask requirements are subject to current SF Department of Public Health guidelines
Ortega and Quintara, San Francisco
All Day, All Ages
Come and explore our weekly Outer Sunset Farmers Market & Mercantile 9 am-3 pm every Sunday, year-round rain or shine on 37th Avenue between Ortega and Quintara in The Outer Sunset, SF. Our festive family-friendly outdoor market features local farmers, ranchers, producers, food artisans, food trucks, amazing chefs, makers, merchants, artists, causes, live music, and children's activities...all well spread out over two long blocks to allow for safe distancing. Face coverings and frequent hand-sanitizing/washing a must. Join us in January and February as we celebrate MLK Day, Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day, and Black History Month.
Follow us @sunsetmercantile on IG/FB or https://www.sunsetmercantilesf.com for more details. Be sure to take time to explore all of the incredible shops and eateries of The Sunset District! Follow @sunset_strong or go to https://sunsetstrong.com/