Author: Declan Cashin Source: Buzzfeed
Enjoy your turkey, I’ll just be at the desk keeping capitalism afloat.
1. Around the start of December, you begin to anxiously await the arrival of your work rota covering the last two weeks of the month.
Hat Trick Productions/ Channel 4 / dailyedge.ie
2. If you’re a shift worker, your boss will send many emails imploring you to be “flexible” over the Christmas period.
Warner Bros / thoughtcatalog.com
3. You will get many passive-aggressive, guilt-inducing pleas from those colleagues who have children, asking if the single/childless will cover for them on the Christmas Day shift.
20th Century Fox / rebloggy.com
4. You will grapple with the temptation of extra money or time off in lieu for volunteering to work.
Sony Pictures Television / forums.archeagegame.com
5. Whether you’re working by design or circumstance, you will still end up resenting your rota for Christmas week.
Universal / buzzfeed.com
6. And if you are management, there’s simply no nice or easy way to break the news to staff that they will be working.
Paramount / awesomelyluvvie.com
Still, at least bosses will have a good threat to use against workers for the whole season.
NBC Universal Television / giphy.com
7. Telling your mum you won’t be home for Christmas never gets any easier.
Warner Bros / motorcoconut.tumblr.com
8. And best of luck explaining to the children in your life why you won’t be around on Christmas morning.
20th Century Fox / seenheardknown.com
9. As word spreads in your social circle that you have to work Christmas, you’ll constantly be asked: “Why didn’t you just book the time off?” To which there is only one response.
20th Century Fox / glamour.com
10. Christmas-delirious friends try unconvincingly to be sympathetic.
NBC Universal Television / thoughtcatalog.com
11. Christmas Eve is inevitably a bit of a downer, knowing you have to be up early the next morning to work.
RKO Radio Pictures / channel24.co.za
12. And no matter how stoic you’ve been in the buildup, you will feel VERY sorry for yourself on Christmas morning.
Universal Pictures / celebquote.com