Jojo's List of 25 Interview Questions
Author: Jojo Varona
Here are 25 questions commonly asked by employers during an interview. Most of us make two mistakes when we are being questioned in an interview. First, we fail to listen to the question. We proceed to answer a question that was not asked or to give out a lot of superfluous information. Second, we attempt to answer questions without preparation. Not even the most skilled debater can answer questions off the cuff without damaging his or her chances of success. These are some of the questions that may come up during the conversation. It is by no means a definitive list, but a good guideline on what to expect.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What is your greatest strength?
3. What is your greatest weakness?
4. What are you looking for in a position?
5. What do you know about our company?
6. Why do you want to work for us?
7. Why do you want to work in this industry?
8. What motivates you?
9. Why should we hire you? What sets you apart from others?
10. Why are you leaving your current company? Past companies?
11. Where else are you interviewing?
12. What is your biggest achievement?
13. What is your biggest failure? What did you learn from it?
14. What are your goals over the next 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?
15. In your current or past positions, what features did you like the most? Least?
16. What would be your ideal job?
17. If you had your choice of companies, where do you want to work?
18. How do you define success?
19. What do you think it takes to be successful in our company?
20. How do you think those that know you describe you? Your Managers? Your Peers?
21. Give an example of a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it.
22. Give me a specific example of a time when you dealt with a disgruntled customer.
23. Tell me about an important goal you set for yourself in the past and how you achieved it.
24. Give me an example of a particularly difficult time you had to be persuasive in order to get your ideas across?
25. Tell me about a time when you worked hard for something over a period of time and did not get t?
Bottom line … BE PREPARED!